- The PvP Thread
- The Committed Tournament
- Where is Flux?
- Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum…
- War Spike for Breath of the Dying?
- 1h diablo panel on blizzcon
- New with the Kanai cube: Viable ungeared builds!
- Fortune and Glory: The Indy Jones Tournament
- >>> Private Moustache Club - OT Thread <<<
- Tyrael's Mighty Breakdown - Item Find Thread…
Patch 10 Removals Update – Scrolls of Reforging and Companion GonePosted 26 Jan 2012 by
In both cases these are features we felt were underdeveloped and just not quite good enough for the game in their current state. The companion pets felt like they were mandatory to maximize play efficiency and some of the pets were too cutesy for the gritty, dark world of Sanctuary. Neither of those are issues we felt like we could solve without a lot of additional work, and we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.
We think we can make companion pets into a much cooler system (both mechanically and visually), and evolve the reforging scrolls into a more meaningful system at some point in the future. For the time being, they will not be in the initial release of the game.
Source. Thanks DiabloIIIChris for the heads up.