Patch 2.3.1 on the PTR made a lot of changes, especially to the Witch Doctor. Much discussion of that class, plus Reflects Damage changes, Kanai’s Cube tweaks, Paragon 2000 is broken, and more. Featuring Xanth, Empty1, and Flux. Click through for more details and segment starting times.
Unlike the new and enjoyable Season Journey which is composed entirely of Achievements you’ll “earn” through the (more or less) normal course of play, each Season also has some Conquests. These are like super achievements, e-peen style, requiring special efforts and a lot of end game grinding to achieve. Conquests required some powerful characters to […]
Diablo III Patch 1.0.3a Notes and MaintenancePosted 26 Jun 2012 by
Similar to all previous weeks, tomorrow will bring with it maintenance time and a few patch notes. There’s nothing big here as the turn-around is quite fast since the semi-major fixes came last week. Patch 1.0.4 is promised to have more class balancing, so until then we’re likely to see small tweaks and fixes.
The latest client patch notes can be found here.
Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.
The most recent hotfixes can be found here.
- Witch Doctor
- Bug Fixes
- Zombie Charger
- Skill Rune – Zombie Bears
- Fixed a bug where Zombie Bears were unable to attack targets on slopes
- Zombie Bears should no longer become stuck on objects with which they shouldn’t have collision
- Equipped items will now take “wear-and-tear” durability damage at half the previous rate
- Please note that durability loss as the result of normal combat is different from the 10% durability loss characters will incur when they die. Equipped items have always suffered durability loss while fighting, and we are simply slowing the rate at which the loss occurs.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Unique monsters to not drop the appropriate amount of loot when slain
- Fixed a bug with linking items with 3 gem sockets
- It is no longer possible to create fake achievement links
- Fixed a bug that was causing the “Switch Hero” button to occasionally disappear after leaving a game while in town
- Fixed several gold and leveling exploits
- Fixed several game and service crashes (for Mac and PC)
Related blue posts past the fold.
Drop rate changes won’t be making this patch, and both Lylirra and Bashiok have sited the quick turn-around as for these updates as the source. After admitting that drop rates were reduced in later acts to compensate for the new bands that came with 1.0.3, many began to question the change. We’re more likely to see the adjustment in 1.0.3b.
We know drop rates are one of the main changes you guys are looking for, and we’re working to get it into the game as soon as possible. It doesn’t mean we chose the changes for 1.0.3a over drop rate changes, it’s just a matter of timing and them lining up with the next release.