Diablo 3 Podcast #186: Cross-Game Promos and S4 Plans. Plus rants about the Wizard's new Vyr's set and Diablo 3's dated graphics.
Diablo III Official Patch 17 NotesPosted 17 Apr 2012 by
As expected, the official notes are short and sweet.
- All characters have been wiped. Items, gold, auctions, achievements, followers, and artisans have also been wiped, and Beta Bucks have been reset to 50.
- Cross-game chat is available! Beta participants can now keep in touch with their Real ID and BattleTag friends, no matter which Blizzard game they’re playing.
- Please note that some restrictions do apply for BattleTag chat:
- You can only send BattleTag invites while logged into the Diablo III beta client
- You can only receive BattleTag invites while logged into the Diablo III beta client
For a full list of documented game and service bugs, please review the Known Issues sticky located in the Beta Bug Report forum.
- Players should no longer be desynced from the server after watching or skipping a cut-scene
- Projectile spell effects should no longer be invisible when casting them
- The Auction House should no longer lag and generate ERROR_1 when attempting to switch currencies
- The Auction House should no longer display your amount of Beta Bucks as 0 unless you actually have 0 Beta Bucks
I’m glad that cross-game chat is now available, though. I do wonder if this means there is a UI update as well. Nothing big or game changing otherwise. Why this required an entire character wipe will remain a mystery to me.
Also, check our datamined list of changes.