Patch 2.3.1 on the PTR made a lot of changes, especially to the Witch Doctor. Much discussion of that class, plus Reflects Damage changes, Kanai’s Cube tweaks, Paragon 2000 is broken, and more. Featuring Xanth, Empty1, and Flux. Click through for more details and segment starting times.
Gamescom gets underway in Cologne in just over a week and this year Blizzard are holding another press conference on Wednesday 5th. It was a couple of years ago at Gamescom that Reaper of Souls was announced as the first expansion so can we expect another expansion announcement this year? There’s been plenty of rumours […]
Diablo 3 Game Director Job Now PostedPosted 19 Jan 2013 by
It’s time to step up the plate, Blizzard has posted the official job opening for the Diablo 3 Game Director position. Now before you apply, keep in mind what you will have to endure, this is not a position for the faint hearted.
- Be the vision holder for the game, set the creative goals for the team.
- Direct game design while successfully partnering with the production director to deliver an epic gaming experience.
- Evangelize games to the player community via press announcements, forum posts, interviews, and public appearances.
- Establish and maintain a creative environment, resolve personnel challenges, motivate qualified developers, and foster a culture of success.
- Maintain an awareness of global player behavior and customs to ensure that design decisions are relevant for a majority of regions.
- Coach, and guide creative team members toward achieving their career goals.
- Stakeholder in studio level strategy, and provide an active voice in resolving global issues.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about Diablo
- A minimum of 5 years’ directing video game development
- Shipped multiple AAA products as a game director, creative director, or in a senior development role
- Outstanding communications and relationship-building skills
- Recognized ability to guide and inspire large development teams
- Able to work well in a team environment and communicate effectively with all development disciplines: programming, art, design, sound, and production
- Exhibited ability to coach and mentor employees at all levels of an organization
- Great sense for what makes a game fun to play
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- A love for Blizzard Entertainment games
- Experience developing online video games, and / or role-playing games
- International game experience
- Higher educational degree
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.